MAR201 – 30.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) approved course utilizes classroom lecture and hands-on exercises to provide maritime and offshore personnel with training in the safe launching, recovery and operation of survival craft and rescue boats other than Fast Rescue Boats.
Applicants successfully completing this 30 hour Proficiency in Survival Craft course will satisfy the competency requirements of Table A-VI/2-1 of the STCW code, as amended 2010, for Proficiency in Survival Craft (PSC) and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats and will satisfy the professional examination and practical demonstration requirements of 46 CFR 12.407(b)(3) for endorsements for Lifeboatman and PSC.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve / long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
- For practical pool sessions, participants must wear T-shirt, swim suit, and bring a towel. Cut-off shorts are not allowed.
- For field exercises, TEEX will provide hard-hats, cloth working gloves, life jackets, and disposable ear protection.
- Participants should bring foul weather gear if inclement weather is a possibility.
U.S. Coast Guard Requirement
All participants attending a U.S. Coast Guard approved course are required to provide a photo ID on the first day of class. This could include a driver’s license, MMD, Passport, Armed Forces ID, etc.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
Maritime and offshore petroleum industry personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- U.S. Coast Guard
Class Location and Travel Information
8609 Teichman Road
Galveston, Texas 77554
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce maintains a list of local hotels.
Please click here for directions to the TEEX Galveston Facility.
If you have trouble registering through the online registration system, contact the Marine Firefighting Program at (979) 845-1152 or Cynthia.Ford@teex.tamu.edu.
Phone: (979) 845-1158 | Toll-Free: (979) 845-3831
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours to Christy.firstname.lastname@example.org