MAR302 – 12.00 Hours
|Details||11/30/22 – 12/01/22||College Station, TX||FP MAR302 87||$600.00||Register|
|Details||12/14/22 – 12/15/22||College Station, TX||FP MAR302 88||$600.00||Register|
|Details||02/08/23 – 02/09/23||College Station, TX||FP MAR302 89||$615.00||Register|
|Details||03/01/23 – 03/02/23||College Station, TX||FP MAR302 90||$615.00||Register|
|Details||03/22/23 – 03/23/23||College Station, TX||FP MAR302 91||$615.00||Register|
|Details||04/05/23 – 04/06/23||College Station, TX||FP MAR302 92||$615.00||Register|
|Details||04/26/23 – 04/27/23||College Station, TX||FP MAR302 93||$615.00||Register|
|Details||06/14/23 – 06/15/23||College Station, TX||FP MAR302 94||$615.00||Register|
|Details||08/23/23 – 08/24/23||College Station, TX||FP MAR302 95||$615.00||Register|
|Details||09/20/23 – 09/21/23||College Station, TX||FP MAR302 96||$615.00||Register|
|Details||10/11/23 – 10/12/23||College Station, TX||FP MAR302 97||$615.00||Register|
|Details||11/08/23 – 11/09/23||College Station, TX||FP MAR302 98||$615.00||Register|
|Details||12/06/23 – 12/07/23||College Station, TX||FP MAR302 99||$615.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Participants that successfully complete this course will enhance skills pertaining to the control of firefighting operations aboard a ship, reviewing topics such as tactics, command, and communications. Additionally, participants will develop an understanding of fire party organization, preparation of contingency plans and strategies and tactics used for control of fires in various parts of the ship.
Any applicant who successfully completes this course will satisfy the Advanced Firefighting training requirements of Section A-VI/3 and Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code, as amended 2010, and 46 CFR 11.201(h)(1), and 11.303(e).
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For field exercises, TEEX will provide participants PPE compliant to the Level 4 requirements in the ESTI Student Safety Manual.
- Participants are required to participate in hands-on activities utilizing Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and therefore must be clean shaven while attending class. Facial hair must not be present where the SCBA mask seal contacts the skin. Mustaches and normal sideburns are permitted.
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve / long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
U.S. Coast Guard Requirement
All participants attending a U.S. Coast Guard approved course are required to provide a photo ID on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
- Inspection and servicing of firefighting equipment
- Organization of a fire party
- Pre-fire planning
- Storage and handling of hazardous materials
- Tactical components of shipboard firefighting
- Fire fighting in port
- Interior firefighting
- Use of water and its effects on stability
- Investigating incidents involving fire
- Control of firefighting operations aboard a ship
- Ventilation control
- Management of injured persons
- Firefighting involving dangerous goods
- Fixed extinguishing systems
- Preparation of contingency plans
Maritime or offshore petroleum industry personnel who may be required to perform in a leadership role in response to a fire aboard a ship or at their facility.
Class Location and Travel Information
Classes are conducted in Building # 71
Brayton Fire Training Field
1595 Nuclear Science Road
College Station, TX 77843
The Bryan-College Station Convention and Visitors Bureau maintains a list of local hotels.
Phone: (979) 845-1158 | (866) 878-8900
Email: [email protected]
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130.
- Purchase Order Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours.