NFA024 – 13.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This two-day course will provide fire, Emergency Medical Services department personnel and other related emergency responders with the aptitudes and abilities necessary to manage the duties and responsibilities of the Health and Safety Program Manager (HSPM) within their respective organizations.
Successful completion of this course will enable participants to:
- Adapt the HSPM roles and responsibilities while applying risk management health and safety concepts within their organization to determine system-wide needs and to develop support to institutionalize opportunities to meet the needs assessment.
- Evaluate and prioritize health and safety related strengths and weaknesses within their organizations.
- Evaluate the environmental barriers affecting the implementation and impact of the organizations safety and health programs.
- Evaluate and integrate the organizations and individuals responsibility to impact health and wellness positively.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Persons attending should have a working knowledge of the Incident Command System.
To meet NFA attendance requirements, participants must complete each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam. Exceptions may be discussed with lead instructor.
- Recognizing the importance of the Health and Safety Program Manager
- Risk Evaluation and Prioritization
- Internal and external environmental barriers and opportunities
- Health and Wellness
Fire and EMS department officers who have been designated by the authority having jurisdiction (AHJ) as their departments’ Safety Officers.
Fire and EMS department members who may be assigned the Health & Safety Program Manager position.
Members of a department’s Occupational Safety and Health Committee.
Individuals who have department-level health and safety responsibilities.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Course Request Form.
To request admission to an already-scheduled course, call the contact person listed in this course schedule. This will allow the course host to provide appropriate numbers of participant manuals.
All extension courses are classroom only.