NFA065 – 14.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
This course is intended to serve as a vehicle to share proven incident management strategies and practices, as well as to enhance teamwork and coordination among all response agencies’ officers directly responsible for emergency response to a Weapon of Mass Destruction (WMD)/terrorism incident or other Incident of national significance. The course is specifically intended for those emergency response personnel who have duties that require they be directly involved in incident management or command at either a field Incident Command Post (ICP) or in a city, county, or regional Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet NFA attendance requirements, participants must complete each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam. Exceptions may be discussed with lead instructor.
We recommend that you complete the following online training prior to attending this course:
- ICS-100 Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100
- ICS-200 ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- ICS-300 Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents
- ICS-700 National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction
- ICS-800 National Response Framework, An Introduction
- Fundamental review of command and general staff
- Major and/or complex incident/event management
- Area Command
- Multi-Agency Coordination Systems (MACS)
This course is available to all emergency and crisis response personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Course Request Form.
To request admission to an already-scheduled course, call the contact person listed in this course schedule. This will allow the course host to provide appropriate numbers of student manuals.
All extension courses are classroom only.