NFA097 – 13.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The goal of this course is to provide participants the managerial, administrative and leadership skills, and awareness necessary for new or recently appointed or elected Chiefs to effectively meet their obligations of the position.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
To meet NFA attendance requirements, participants must complete each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam. Exceptions may be discussed with lead instructor.
- Financial Management.
- Human Resource Management.
The course is designed for the
- newly appointed Fire Chief in volunteer, combination or career departments
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Chiefs
This class is also designed for those department leaders and current officers who may become Fire Chiefs and local government administrators and elected officials who are involved in the administration of a fire department or EMS service.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Course Request Form.
To request admission to an already-scheduled course, call the contact person listed in this course schedule. This will allow the course host to provide appropriate numbers of participant manuals.