NFA098 – 13.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course will develop the managerial skills, leadership skills, and contemporary issues and awareness necessary for new or newly appointed or elected fire chiefs to effectively meet their obligations. The course will help to develop knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for them to perform effectively now and in the future.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
To meet NFA attendance requirements, participants must complete each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam. Exceptions may be discussed with lead instructor.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Collaboration and Cooperation.
- Leadership and Management.
- Community Invlovement.
- Capital Asset Planning and Acquisition.
- New or newly appointed or elected fire chiefs in volunteer, combination, or career departments.
- Departmental leaders who may become fire chiefs
- Local level government administrators and elected officials, including fire district commissioners, board members, etc.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
Note: Live Online Instructor-Led (webinar) courses are not eligible for TCOLE credit.
- Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Services Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Course Request Form.
To request admission to an already-scheduled course, please contact your Regional Manager. This will allow the course host to provide appropriate numbers of participant manuals.