OIL310 – 1.50 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Students in this live Zoom course will need little to no on water oil spill recovery experience and will be able to see what common pieces of equipment, vessels and strategies that can be used during a spill. Different types of boom and the pros and cons of each type will be discussed. We will also be discussing booming strategies from the shoreline, on water recovery and shallow water strategies. This is a live online instructor-led training that provides for an interactive discussion and allows questions and answers as the information is presented.
There are no prerequisites to attend this course. However, one should be aware of the possible hazards and dangers prior to handeling booming equipment.
Course Completion Requirements
In order to complete this course, you must have:
- internet connection (Broadband connection recommended)
- current web browser (i.e., Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari, etc.) To prevent issues during your live zoom be sure that your web browser is updated to the latest version available.
- current versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash
- This course cannot be done on a mobile phone.
Workshop participation is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX Zoom are expected to actively listen and participate. At the beginning of the workshop, your instructor will review any additional participation requirements.
- Different types of assets used in recovery
- Different types of commonly used boom
- Types of common connectors
- Boom nomenclature
- Anchoring systems
- Discuss entrainment
- Booming stratigies
- On water recovery
- Discuss shallow water methods
- Emergency Response Teams
- Municipal Agencies
- State Agencies
- Federal Agencies
Phone: (979) 845-1158 | (866) 878-8900
Email: [email protected]
- You may easily register and pay for classes with a credit card, pinless debit, or eCheck.
- Payment is due prior to this live webinar and is nonrefundable after the live zoom has begun.