PER320 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact National Emergency Response and Recovery Training Center at (844) 789-5673 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
Personal Protective Measures for Biological Events is a one-day course focusing on the challenges faced by first responders and clinical health care professionals in prehospital and hospital environments as they deal with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) needs and potential contamination issues while dealing with highly infectious diseases.
The course provides participants with an overview of PPE and includes experiential learning activities on donning and doffing Level C PPE and technical decontamination. Additionally, participants review the different types of decontamination.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
A Pre-Test and Post-Test are given to measure participants’ understanding of the material. Participants are required to score a 70% or better on the Post-Test and attend 80% of the course hours in order to receive a course certificate of completion.
Registration and Attendance
Attendance is crucial in order to receive credit for this course. All participants must complete a registration form at the beginning of the course, sign the attendance roster for each day of the course, attend 80% of the course hours, and complete the evaluation at the end of the course in order to receive a certificate of completion.
Participants Must Provide
A photo identification is required on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Participants must attend 80% or greater of scheduled class hours
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of specific biological pathogens or agents in accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
- Select appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for protection from exposure to specific biological pathogens or agents when given a biological pathogen or warfare agent in accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines
- Practice donning and doffing PPE.
- Animal Emergency Services
- Citizen/Community Volunteer
- Emergency Management
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Service
- Governmental Administrative
- Hazardous Material
- Law Enforcement
- Public Health
- Public Works
- Public Safety Communications
- Health and Medical
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 7.00 hours – Emergency Nurses Association (ENA)
As part of a Department of Homeland Security/ Federal Emergency Management Agency (DHS/FEMA) funded Homeland Security National Training Program Cooperative Agreement this course is provided at no cost to your jurisdiction.
- Maximum 40 participants as requested.
- Minimum 26 participants
- 1 day (8 Hours)
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact [email protected] or call (844) 789-5673