PER334 – 12.00 Hours
|Details||03/25/23 – 03/26/23||Laramie, WY||FP PER334 189||Register|
|Details||05/05/23 – 05/06/23||Calabash, NC||FP PER334 186||Register|
|Details||08/16/23 – 08/17/23||Vero Beach, FL||FP PER334 190||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This course is designed to prepare individuals who may be directly affected by a disaster help themselves, their family and other community members. Participants will learn how to develop a family preparedness plan, practice self-rescue, perform search and light rescue techniques, and understand the recovery process.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Must attend 80% of the course
Must pass a post test with a score of 70%
Participants Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
Parental consent form if under 18 years of age
Please wear weather appropriate, comfortable clothing and footwear for inside and outside activities. You will not need any specialized personal protective equipment for this class.
Walking and moving
- Survivor vs victim
- Community threats
- Community response capability
- Family preparedness plan
- Disaster survival
- Individual assessment (SALT)
- Search and light rescue techniques
- Scene safety and damage assessment
- Neighborhood accountability
- Interacting with responders
- Recovery and resiliency
The target audience encompasses the whole community approach, including, but not restricted to:
- Church Groups
- Volunteer Fire Departments
- Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT)
- Youth Groups
- American Red Cross (ARC)
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO)
and members of the general community who may find themselves in the impact zone of an incident and in the absence of emergency responders.
This training does not qualify the participants to serve in an emergency responder role.
- For DHS/FEMA Funded Courses, please contact [email protected] or call (866) 878-8900