PRE100 – 8.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com to get the latest schedule.
The goal of the Active Shooter Exercise Development Workshop is to provide first responder and city, county, and state officials with the knowledge, skills and abilities to lead an Active Shooter Tabletop Exercise.
Past Active shooter events have proven the need for realistic exercises delivered in the community. This course answers that need by providing a train the trainer (TtT) course on how to design and deliver a Tabletop exercise (TTX). This course will also provide template materials needed to deliver five (5) different TTXs, with one (1) of the five TTXs delivered in the afternoon of the training day.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
The Active Shooter Exercise Development Exercise Workshop is an On-Line, train-the-trainer course designed for individuals who may be responsible for developing and delivering active shooter tabletop exercises. Past events have demonstrated that a key point to effective whole community preparation includes coordination across all professional disciplines that have responsibilities in the event of an active shooter incident.
Attendees include but are not limited to:
- Law Enforcement
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Emergency Management
- Health & Dental Care
- Schools (K thru University)
- Houses of Worship
- Entertainment Venues
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Transportation Industry
- Travel Industry
- Port Authorities
- Airport, Subways, Bus Lines
- Maritime Operations
- City, County, & State Agencies
- Hospital Industry
- Retail Malls
- Banking Industry
- Oil & Gas Industry
- Public Health & Hospital Staff
- Hotels & Motels
- Federal Agencies
- Elected and Appointed Officials
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- .80 IACET CEUs
Instructor to Participant Ratio
3:20; The class requires a minimum of 10 participants for delivery of the 8 hour course. The class maximum is 20 participants.
Three experienced instructors will facilitate the open-style workshop.
The following items are provided by the instructors for the delivery of the course:
- Active Shooter Exercise Development Workshop
- Electronically downloadable Participant Manual
- Electronically downloadable Tabletop Exercise Material
- Link to download five active shooter scenario-based TTXs
What you will need:
- Desktop computer or laptop
- Speaker and Microphone (built-in or external)
- Headphones are preferable to help limit distractions, but speakers are fine as well
- Reliable Ethernet Cable or Wi-Fi connection