PRT256 – 16.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Infrastructure Training & Safety Institute
OSHA Training Institute Education Center at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
The Medic First Aid and CPR Instructor course will qualify attendees to provide training in the application and use of First Aid, CPR, and Automated External Defibrillators on both adults and children in addition to providing information on preventing disease from blood borne pathogens. Participants will be provided all materials needed for instruction and will be taught to use lifesaving skills to include the proper use of CPR and first aid procedures.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
TEEX Licensing Requirements
In order to successfully complete this course, participants are required to demonstrate proficiency during all practice session CPR and first aid application scenarios.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
- Automated External Defibrillators (AED) – Adult and Infant
- Bloodborne pathogens
- Infant Skills (CPR) and Child Skills (AED/CPR)
- Medic First Aid/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- EHS professionals
- Hospital and healthcare managers
- Department heads, directors, assistant directors, and senior medical staff
- Public health/health department personnel
- Local emergency management personnel
- First responders
- Others interested in teaching Medic First Aid and CPR awareness level training
- Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits® For information contact [email protected] or call (877) 833-9638