SAF217 – 8.00 Hours
Live Online Instructor-Led Training
Richard K Clinton
07:30 AM Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Central Daylight Time (CDT)
TEEX-H B Zachry (San Antonio)
9350 South Presa
San Antonio, TX 78223
To Be Announced
08:00 AM Tuesday, October 19, 2021
TECH2O Training Facility
10751 Montana Avenue
El Paso, TX 79935
To Be Announced
08:00 AM Thursday, December 09, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The Excavation Safety course focuses on the OSHA Standard for Excavation, 29 CFR 1926, 650-652 and provides the formal training required for an experienced professional to act as the “competent person” or one who is capable of identifying existing and predictable hazards in the surroundings, or working conditions which are unsanitary, hazardous, or dangerous to employees, and who has authorization to take prompt corrective measures to eliminate them during excavation operations.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Hazard awareness
- OSHA Standards for Confined Space Entry
- OSHA Standards on Dust – Housekeeping and Others
- OSHA Standards on excavation and trenching
- Shoring and shielding
- Soil mechanics and classification
- Professional excavation safety personnel
- People whose jobs may require excavation to be performed on their job sites.
- Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 8.00 hours – TCEQ licensed water operators
- 8.00 hours – TCEQ licensed wastewater operators