SAF217 – 8.00 Hours
|Details||10/11/22 – 10/11/22||Conroe, TX||IS SAF217 118||$300.00||Register|
|Details||12/06/22 – 12/06/22||Wichita Falls, TX||IS SAF217 121||$300.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
**PLEASE NOTE** This course has been approved by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) to fulfill 8 credit hours in the following operator license area(s):
– Wastewater Operator License
– Water Operator License
The Excavation Safety course focuses on the OSHA Standard for Excavation, 29 CFR 1926, 650-652 and provides the formal training required for an experienced professional to act as the “competent person” or one who is capable of identifying existing and predictable hazards in the surroundings, or working conditions which are unsanitary, hazardous, or dangerous to employees, and who has authorization to take prompt corrective measures to eliminate them during excavation operations.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
- a photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Hazard awareness
- OSHA Standards for Confined Space Entry
- OSHA Standards on Dust Housekeeping and Others
- OSHA Standards on excavation and trenching
- Shoring and shielding
- Soil mechanics and classification
- Professional excavation safety personnel
- People whose jobs may require excavation to be performed on their job sites.
- Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 8.00 hours – Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)