WWW102 – 20.00 Hours
City of Wichita Falls WWTP
1005 River Rd.
Wichita Falls, TX 76305
08:00 AM Tuesday, June 15, 2021
City of Conroe Public Works Se
401 Sgt. Ed Holcomb Blvd. S.
Conroe, TX 77304
05:00 PM Monday, September 13, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The Wastewater Treatment course covers practical aspects of operating and maintaining wastewater treatment plants, emphasizing the use of safe practices and procedures. In addition to the information provided about state requirements, participants will learn about the composition and characteristics of wastewater, secondary treatment processes, disinfection of wastewater, and laboratory controls.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed.
- Introduction to Wastewater
- Treatment State Requirements
- Composition and Characteristics of Wastewater
- Industrial Waste Monitoring
- Preliminary and Primary Treatment
- Secondary Treatment: Biological Treatment
- Suspended Growth Systems: Ponds
- The Activated Sludge Process
- Fixed Film Systems: Trickling Filters and Rotating
- Biological Contactors
- Advanced Treatment Processes
- Sludge Digestion, Dewatering, and Disposal
- Chlorination and Disinfection of Wastewater
- Application of Laboratory Control Determinations
- Records and Safety Practices
This course is designed for public works personnel and new employees of a wastewater treatment system.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 2.00 CEUs
- 1.00 hours – ACE
- 20.00 hours – TCEQ licensed wastewater operators