XFD008 – 4.00 Hours
Currently there are no scheduled classes for this course. However, in some cases a course can be scheduled to meet your organization’s specific needs. For more information about this course or to schedule a class, please contact Emergency Services Training Institute at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
This is the lesson covering ropes and knots. This lesson describes different types of ropes and webbing, as well as procedures for maintaining and storing rope. The lesson also covers different types of knots and their uses.
(Note: Skills portion may or may not be included in this course please contact the host agency for details.)
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Participant Must Provide
A photo identification on the first day of class. See the Participant Handbook opens in a new tab for approved forms of identification and additional guidelines.
PPE must be NFPA-approved. See the Student Safety Manual to review PPE requirements for level 4.
This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. The participants must complete each training module and successfully complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or pass the end of course exam to receive course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional requirements.
Essentials of Fire Fighting, Seventh Edition recommended.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between life safety rope and utility rope.
- Describe the various material and methods used to construct ropes.
- Describe the procedures for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining ropes.
- Describe how webbing is used, inspected, maintained, and stored.
- Identify types of knots.
- Describe the procedure for hoisting various tools and equipment.
- Explain how ropes and knots are used during rescues and at other emergencies.
All Emergency response and public personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)
To request this class in your jurisdiction or department, please use the Emergency Service Training Institute (ESTI) Extension Couse Request Form. ESTI Extension Course Request