XFD026 – 16.00 Hours
|Details Buttons||Dates||Location||Class||Price||Register Buttons|
|Details||10/14/23 – 10/15/23||Rotan, TX||FP XFD026 6||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or [email protected] to get the latest schedule.
After completing this lesson, the student shall be able to identify hazardous materials and their potential hazards.
(Note: Skills portion may or may not be included in this course please contact the host agency for details.)
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Level 4 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manual for the skills portion of the class.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend a minimum of 80% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion. During the course, your instructor will review any additional attendance requirements, for example a field exercise that cannot be missed
Essentials of Fire Fighting, Seventh Edition recommended.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
- This is the lesson covering the definitions of hazardous materials incidents and the responder’s responsibilities.
- This lesson describes ways that hazardous materials harm people.
- The lesson also covers the physical and chemical properties of hazardous materials as well as the General Hazardous Materials Behavior Model and the seven clues to the presence of hazardous materials.
- Additionally, this chapter covers how general container types; transportation placards, labels, and markings; hazard classes; and written resources are used to identify hazardous materials.
All emergency and criis reponse personnel.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)