MAR202 – 24.00 Hours
|Details||08/10/21 – 08/12/21||Galveston, TX||FP MAR202 487||$1175.00||Register|
|Details||08/26/21 – 08/28/21||Galveston, TX||FP MAR202 496||$1175.00||Register|
|Details||08/31/21 – 09/02/21||Galveston, TX||FP MAR202 488||$1175.00||Register|
|Details||09/28/21 – 09/30/21||Galveston, TX||FP MAR202 490||$1175.00||Register|
|Details||10/26/21 – 10/28/21||Galveston, TX||FP MAR202 491||$1175.00||Register|
|Details||12/07/21 – 12/09/21||Galveston, TX||FP MAR202 493||$1175.00||Register|
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (866) 878-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
This U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)-approved course utilizes classroom lecture and hands-on exercises to provide Fast Rescue Boat personnel with training in safe launch and recovery operations and rescue of personnel who have fallen overboard or are in peril at sea.
Applicants successfully completing this 24-hour Fast Rescue Boat course and presenting our Certificate of Training at a U.S. Coast Guard Regional Exam Center satisfies the requirements of Table A-V1/2-2 of the Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping (STCW) code. This course satisfies the requirements of 46 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 10.302.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Course Attire/Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- For classroom activities, participants must wear full length pants, closed-toe shoes, and short sleeve / long sleeve shirts (no sleeveless shirts).
- For practical pool sessions, participants must wear T-shirt, swim suit, and bring a towel. Cut-off shorts are not allowed.
- For field exercises, TEEX will provide hard-hats, cloth working gloves, life jackets, and disposable ear protection.
- Participants should bring foul weather gear if inclement weather is a possibility.
U.S. Coast Guard Requirement
All participants attending a U.S. Coast Guard approved course are required to provide a photo ID on the first day of class. This could include a driver’s license, MMD, Passport, Armed Forces ID, etc.
Class attendance is an essential part of the education process and participants in TEEX courses are expected to attend all class sessions and field exercises. This course requires participants to attend 100% of the class hours as a component of successful course completion.
Due to the strenuous nature of class activities, you should secure a professional evaluation of your physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
Maritime and offshore petroleum industry personnel
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- U.S. Coast Guard
Class Location and Travel Information
8609 Teichman Rd.
The Galveston Chamber of Commerce maintains a list of local hotels
Direction to TEEX Galveston facility https://teex.org/documentsresources/Galveston_area_map.pdf
If you have trouble registering through the online registration system, contact the Marine Firefighting Program at (979) 845-1152 or Christy.email@example.com.
Phone: (979) 845-1158 | Toll-Free: (979) 845-3831
- Credit Card – Complete online registration or call (979) 845-2130
- Purchase Order – Complete online registration and send a copy of PO documentation within 48 hours to Christy.firstname.lastname@example.org