WWW351 – 1.00 Hours
TEEX-Internet Moodle Campus
Texas A&M University Systems Building
College Station, TX 77845
12:01 AM Thursday, April 01, 2021
This schedule is subject to change without notice. If you have not received confirmation of the class prior to the class start, please contact the division at (800) 723-3811 or (800) SAFE-811 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the latest schedule.
The Hazardous Material Awareness online course discusses chemical safety in the workplace and the hazards associated with such materials. Upon completion of this online awareness-level course, participants will understand these hazards and how to best protect themselves, others, and the environment.
NOTE: Once registered, participants will receive a confirmation email, a password for access to the course, and a required completion date.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Course Completion Requirements
Online Course Technical Requirements
- Broadband internet connection
- Recommended browser: Mozilla Firefox 30 or higher, Google Chrome 37 or higher
- Alternative browser: Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Safari 7 or higher
- Apple Quicktime Player 10 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
- Adobe Flash 11 or higher
In order to meet the attendance requirement for this course, participants must review each training module, complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and the final examination.
- Hazardous Material Overview
- Dangers of Hazardous Materials
- Recognizing Hazardous Materials
- Unintentional Release
This course is designed for personnel responsible for the proper handling of hazardous materials.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- 0.10 CEUs
- 1.00 hours – TCEQ licensed water operators
- 1.00 hours – TCEQ licensed wastewater operators
This course does not meet the NFPA 472 standard of awareness level training requirement. Please review the NFPA 1072 Hazardous Materials Awareness Training (HAZ013) course for additional information.